Go to Symptoms
- Early stages are asymptomatic or show diminished adjustment from light to dark
- As the condition progresses blurring and reading difficulties begin
- Generally the progression is very slow
- In late phases all central vision is lost
Go to Who is at risk?
Who is at risk?
- Offspring or relatives of persons with Age-Related Macular Degeneration
- Persons with greatest sun exposure
- Smokers have greater risk (30%)
- Fair colored blue eyed persons
Go to What can be done?
What can be done?
- Review risk factors and change life style
- Protect your eyes from Ultra Violet and Blue wave lengths
- With Macular Degeneration diagnosed, begin a committed antioxidant program like Horizon Complete by age 50
- Those with relatives who have Macular Degeneration should begin the supplement by at least age 40
We look forward to hearing from you.